A masala spiced pumpkin seeds recipe! Remember when I went to the pumpkin patch and roasted pumpkin seeds with my kids? This was the other pumpkin seed recipe we whipped up. With ghee, sea salt, and garam masala, this keto-friendly snack just screams Fall with it’s warm, comforting flavors.
Don’t forget to PIN it for later!
What is garam masala?
Garam masala is one of my favorite seasonings. It’s a really common Indian spice used in a variety of cuisines. Though, it’s not just one spice in and of itself; it’s actually a blend of ground spices.
Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, mace, peppercorns, coriander, and cumin. Seeing as I adore each of these flavors individually, it’s no wonder garam masala has become one of my go-to’s. It’s warm and spicy, but not spicy “hot”. More like the kind of spicy that gives pumpkin pie its unmistakable flavor.
The Masala Spiced Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
My masala spiced pumpkin seeds are very similar to my roasted pumpkin seeds recipe but with a couple small changes: a little less salt and a whole lotta garam masala. We actually prepared the two at the same time, in the same casserole dish and everything. It’s funny how just one ingredient can completely transform a recipe; the taste is completely different!
I used ghee to keep it dairy free, but feel free to use butter instead!
Looking for other low carb pumpkin recipes?
Try one of these:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate pumpkin seeds from the pulp of the pumpkin. Take a large container of water and stir in the pumpkin flesh. Skim the seeds as they float to the top.
- Boil pumpkin seeds in water for 10 minutes, then strain and dry with kitchen towel.
- Melt ghee, then combine with sea salt and half of the garam masala. Pour over dried pumpkin seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Cover a baking sheet or casserole dish with parchment paper and spread pumpkin seeds over the surface. Sprinkle the remaining garam masala over the top of the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the seeds are crisp and crunchy.
Hi, I’m Tasha! I’m a nutrition author and educator dedicated to helping women succeed on keto. As a former yo-yo dieter, I know just how hard it can be to change your eating habits and pin-point what works for your body. That’s why I teach keto strategies that honor your preferences and needs. If you thrive on low carb and are ready to ditch the one-size-fits-all approach, you’re in the right place!