Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs! Holy smokes, these are insanely delicious. I’m not entirely sure what took me so long to jump on the chicken thighs train; I’ve always been a boneless, skinless chicken breast kind of gal and have many a recipe to prove it (like my keto chicken roulade or shredded chicken chili). Maybe it’s because I channeled my inner toddler until my late 20s, refusing to eat chicken off the bone? Or perhaps I always mistook them for too much work when I saw them at the grocery store? Either way, I’m a total chicken thigh convert; any reservations I previously had about chicken thighs have been put to rest. I’m so freaking pumped to share this recipe with you guys.
Don’t forget to PIN it for later! 📌
Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs Recipe
Think back to your pre-keto days. Remember those garlic parmesan chicken wings from Pizza Hut? That’s pretty damn close to what these taste like. You’re welcome.
First, you’ll need to trim your chicken thighs down a bit. Any extra fat or hanging skin, you can go ahead and remove that. Aim for a single layer of skin covering the thigh muscle, anything excess beyond that can be cut off.
Pull the open edge of the skin away from the muscle and create a pocket using your hand or a blunt utensil. This pocket gives you a perfect little space that your spices can’t escape out of!
Now mix dried basil, finely grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, sea salt, a smidgen of pepper, and just a few drops of olive oil. Divide this mixture evenly between your chicken thighs, tucking it under the skin into the little pocket you created. Evenly spread the mixture over the area between the skin and thigh meat.
Liberally salt the outer skin and bottom side of the chicken thigh meat. I use sea salt, but you can use whichever salt you prefer.
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add each chicken thigh to the hot skillet skin side down. Cook with the skin side down for about 5 minutes, then flip each piece of chicken and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the thighs reach your preferred temperature. Let them rest for a few minutes before diving in and enjoy your keto garlic parmesan chicken thighs!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs Recipe – Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
These chicken thighs taste just like the garlic parmesan chicken wings from pizza hut, just meatier!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim excess skin and fat from chicken thighs, reserving the single layer of skin that covers the thigh meat.
- Create a pocket between the skin and thigh meat using hands or a blunt utensil.
- Mix together basil, Parmesan, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and a few drops of the olive oil.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the chicken thighs, stuffing it into the pocket beneath the skin and evenly spreading over the thigh meat.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in the hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the thighs and continue cooking on the stovetop for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the 450 degrees Fahrenheit oven to finish the cook, baking for 15-20 minutes or until chicken reaches your preferred temperature.
- Let rest before serving.
JOIN THE KETOGASM SQUAD!
Say YES to your health! Get the latest recipes, tips, and resources delivered directly to your inbox!