Finally, an easy mustard chicken! Why does it seem like everyone tries to overcomplicate this dish? You can't go wrong with a simple yellow mustard marinade. No exotic ingredients or extra trips to the grocery store, just ingredients you likely have on hand already! If you are looking for a quick low carb dinner, easy mustard chicken is a winner.
Don't forget to PIN it for later!
How long do you cook chicken breast on stove?
Chopped into bite-sized pieces, chicken breast only takes 10 to 15 minutes to fully cook over medium-high heat on the stove. That means once you've marinated the meat, this dish comes together in fifteen minutes or less!
What vegetables go with mustard chicken?
For this dish, I used collard greens and radishes. Not only are these vegetables super low in carbs, but they also add an incredible depth of flavor and texture to the dish.
If you aren't a huge fan of greens or radishes, check out my keto vegetables list to see if anything else fits the bill.
I'll be honest with you though; vegetables are optional. The yellow mustard marinade adds a lot of flavor to the chicken all by itself. I, however, love veggies and try to incorporate them into most of my dishes. We all tend to focus so much on macronutrients, but micronutrients are essential on the keto diet too!
What is the mustard chicken marinade?
Yellow mustard, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt. That's it! I use a 3:1 mustard to oil ratio and merely season it with garlic and salt. Let your chicken marinade overnight in the refrigerator if you have the time.
If you're throwing together dinner at the last minute, let it marinade for a minimum of 10 minutes. We've all been there, I feel you! It will still be really tasty and stay true to the "easy mustard chicken" name.
Easy Mustard Chicken, Radish, & Greens Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pound chicken breast raw, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups collard greens chopped
- 1 cup radishes sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, garlic powder, and salt. Coat chicken breast in the mixture and marinate for a minimum of 10 minutes. Note: You can place ingredients in a large Ziploc to marinate overnight in the fridge if you are prepping ahead.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add marinated chicken breast.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken becomes opaque, then add in the radishes and collard greens. Stirring frequently, cook for an additional 5 minutes to allow the greens to cook down. Remove from heat and serve with salt to taste.
Hi, I'm Tasha–nutritionist, recipe developer, and multi-published cookbook author.
Tina Graham says
Everything you post is awesome and simple...Thank you
Tasha Metcalf says
Thank YOU for such a kind compliment! ❤️