A few years back, I brought my bacon cheddar deviled eggs to a work potluck. We laughed and schmoozed as the food quickly disappeared, eventually winding up in our respective cubicles to finish out the day with full bellies.
Don’t forget to PIN it for later! 📌
Shortly after I returned to my desk, an unfamiliar coworker came around the corner with a determined look on his face. “Are you Tasha?” he asked urgently.
“Yes?” I replied, wondering what this guy’s agenda was.
“You brought the deviled eggs,” he said matter-of-factly.
“Oh yeah,” I relaxed a little and smiled. “That was me.” I can talk food all day, every day!
Looking way too serious for a conversation about deviled eggs, he continued, “Was there bacon in those deviled eggs?”
I tensed up again, and my mind started racing as he stared me down. Oh no, maybe he can’t eat pork?! Why don’t we label things at potlucks? Didn’t he see it in there?! Am I going to get fired? I timidly nodded my head yes as I shrank back into my chair.
“THANK YOU!” he beamed. “I just knew it was bacon! Those were amazing! Best deviled eggs I’ve ever had.” Whew, what a relief. Here I am thinking I single-handedly ruined his day with bacon and he just really dug my food. Plot twist!
“There’s cheese in there too!” I exclaimed.
He smiled even wider, clasped his hands together in gratitude, and off he went.
Later on, I was filled in that he had been raving about the deviled eggs all afternoon and, probably sick of listening, they eventually steered him my direction.
This is not an isolated incident. People absolutely adore these bacon cheddar deviled eggs, and as a result, it has become one of my default dishes I bring to get-togethers. People don’t even pretend to hide their disappointment when I show up without them now. They aren’t particularly pretty, but they are good, you guys; so incredibly good.
Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs [Recipe]
Step up your deviled egg game with bacon and cheddar cheese!
- 6 Eggs hardboiled
- 3 Slices bacon cooked and crumbled to bits
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Halve each of the eggs from end to end.
- Remove the yolk and place in medium sized bowl.
- Pulverize the yolk and mix in the remaining ingredients: bacon, mayonnaise, mustard, and cheddar cheese. Stir until the the mixture appears smooth and ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Taste the yolk mixture and add salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer a creamier mixture, take this opportunity to fine tune the taste and texture by blending in more mayonnaise.
- Fill the wells of the egg whites with the yolk mixture. I've found it is easiest to spoon the yolk mixture into the wells. Using a piping bag can be difficult, as the bacon pieces easily clog the flow.
- Arrange on a serving platter or storage container.
- Chill until ready to serve.
JOIN THE KETOGASM SQUAD!
Say YES to your health! Get the latest recipes, tips, and resources delivered directly to your inbox!