About

ABOUT KETOGASM

KetoGasm is a website devoted to ketogenic cooking and lifestyle for women.

So often dieting simply focuses on sustenance, removing all joy and gratification from the food. To me, eating is equal parts pleasure and nutrition. I hope to show that “healthy” and “diet” do not have to be synonymous with “boring” and “bland”. Healthy food can still be fun, novel and extremely delicious.

All recipes I create or feature here are carb-conscious and suitable for a ketogenic diet. But more importantly, they taste really damn good.

THE JOURNEY HERE

messy-hair-circle

Hi there and welcome! I’m Tasha, and I hit restart on my ketogenic journey back in September 2015. During those first 4 months back on the keto diet, I lost 50 pounds! I’m still going strong and hope to continue my journey here with you all.

picmonkey-collage-avocado-eyes-smallAt my heaviest, I weighed 251 pounds. That hurts to type, but it’s even more painful to think of how easily I could have done nothing about it.

My path to long-term keto was not so clear-cut. Let’s just say this is not my first rodeo. There were a few detours and even a couple of kiddos along the way. I first learned about the keto diet in 2011 on reddit of all places! The results people posted there were amazing and inspired me to start researching low carb high fat diets for myself.

It was around this time that I was diagnosed with PCOS, the leading cause of female infertility. I had experienced fertility issues for several years and had no idea what caused it or what to do about it. After learning insulin resistance was at the root of my PCOS diagnosis, the practitioner gave me the choice between a lifestyle change of strict diet and exercise or prescription medication. It was the push I needed to dive head first into the keto diet. The timing couldn’t have been more perfect! My symptoms disappeared entirely, I dropped weight quickly and I got pregnant three months later with a beautiful baby girl.

Some time after my pregnancy, I resumed the keto diet to get back on track and I quickly became pregnant again! A handsome baby boy this time — one of each, how lucky is that?! I went from thinking I would never get to experience motherhood to being mommy of two little cuties. Words don’t even begin to express how grateful I am and I credit keto!

Of course, I got back on the keto wagon again… and here we are! Eating low carb high fat has been a complete game changer. Keto is the first diet I have had any success following long-term and the ONLY diet I have seen results from. That’s saying a lot considering I’ve tried just about every diet under the sun. Not only is this way of eating doable, it is enjoyable and straight up easy 99.9% of the time! The other 0.1% is why I’m here on this blog, getting creative in the kitchen to show that it really is a sustainable, satisfying, delicious way of eating. Hopefully I can give a little back to the online keto community that helped me reclaim my health. I am passionate about living a ketogenic lifestyle and the effect it has had on my weight, health and happiness.

Heaviest weight: 251 pounds

09/14/2015 – 231 pounds (Keto diet starting weight)

09/28/2015 – 215 pounds (-16 pounds in 2 weeks on keto!)

01/28/2016 – 180 pounds (-51 pounds since beginning keto!)

05/28/2016 – 165 pounds (-66 pounds since beginning keto!)

Check out my keto diet progress updates:

Keto Diet Progress Update – 4 Months In!

Keto Diet Progress Update – 8 Months In!

ENOUGH ABOUT ME, TELL ME ABOUT YOU!

I am thrilled that you are here and I’d love to learn more about you. Whether you are just getting started or a veteran to the keto diet, please take the time to share your story as well! The folks in the online keto community are truly the best! You guys are so motivating and helpful. I really do hope to see you around. Get in touch on social media: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest.

JOIN THE KETOGASM SQUAD!

Say YES to your health! Get the latest recipes, tips, and resources delivered directly to your inbox!

Powered by ConvertKit